Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog Post #6

Wow! I don't even know where to start summarizing my progress in developing my PLN. PLN is a learning network that consists of people that a learner interacts with and derives knowledge from. A PLN is simply to help the learner out with their field of study. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Blogs can all serve as Personal Learning Networks. I went on Symbaloo.com to get the layout of my own PLN, I decided to go with the "EDU tools" layout at first because I was confused. Now that I have figured it out, I have made one with my own interests and then added the websites off of the EDU layout that I liked. There were so many websites I have found that I love. My favorite so far would have to be Gigster.com and Storybird.com. Gigster is fun because there are so many things to do on there. It kind of reminds me of Graphic Design stuff with they way you can lay things out on a page. Storybird is especially my favorite because I am planning on writing children's books here soon. I hope that this will work out for me because I know if I put my mind to it, I can do it. This website will help me get practice on setting up book pages and it has plenty of wonderful ideas.

My Personal Learning Network is small right now but growing. I am still exploring all of the websites I can find and I have been told about some awesome websites as well. Now that I am in Tier 1 of the Education Program, I have a set school that I go into to observe and tutor kids with problems in reading, writing, and math. I am in first grade and I am having so much fun working with them. I especially like my classroom teacher Mrs. Lambert, she gives me all kinds of good ideas and websites that I need to go on. They make a website where teachers from anywhere can go on there and print off anything to hang in their classroom. There is also another website where any teacher can go on there and type in what kind of lesson she wants to teach for that day and Smart board lessons will be right at your fingertips for that specific subject. On Twitter, I have been talking to Author Peter H. Reynolds and he has actually been really supportive of my activities with his book. My first grade class flipped their reading books open to "The Dot" by: Peter Reynolds and I took that as an opportunity to do an art activity with them that I done with Mrs. Vitulli in EDU300. We made a dot quilt and he told me to post a picture for him. I also done my Book Trailer on 'The Dot." Recently I have connected with a teacher in Australia just by commenting on her blog, she has really great ideas for integrating technology into classrooms so I think I would use her as someone for my PLN. I think it is so cool how your can connect to anyone over the internet and I cant wait to find out who I will be talking to and putting on my PLN.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog. My PLN is also very small right now. I think that is awesome that you are working with first graders. That is my favorite age group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting. Well done. When you get famous, remember me!

    ReplyDelete