Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Practice Blog Post

My name is Lauren Reid and I am 20 years old, about to turn 21 on May 26th. I was born in Mobile, Alabama and I have never moved anywhere else. I live in Semmes, which is right on the outside of Mobile. When I graduated from high school in 2011, I went straight to college at Faulkner State Community College to complete my basics. After almost completing my basics, I decided that it was time to come to South Alabama to finish my degree. I'm going to school for Elementary Education and I plan on getting my doctrine so that I can teach Elementary Education courses in college. My old art teacher at South Alabama, Ms. Vitulli, inspired me to do that. I have one older sister who is engaged and no other siblings. I am her maid of honor and I have been wedding planning like crazy. I absolutely love it, I cant wait to plan my own wedding one day.

My interests are teaching school, teaching dance, Astrophysics, tennis, painting and drawing. After I get my doctrine in teaching, I plan on going back to school for Astrophysics. I have always been fascinated by outer space and I would love to work at NASA and explore new worlds every day of my life. My dream is to go to the International Space Station. I absolutely love doing anything that involves me interacting with kids, I teach kids dance almost every day of my life and I absolutely love it. I played tennis in high school and I thought it was so much fun, I plan on trying out for the tennis team at South Alabama next year if they could somehow work around my schedule. My room is filled with my paintings and drawings, it is definitely my passion. Even though I don't have a lot of time to paint and draw anymore, I love when I get the chance to.

I want to enter the field of education because I think it is what I'm meant to do. Sometimes I get this feeling that I am going to make a huge difference in schools whenever I become a teacher. When I first started college 3 years ago, I wanted to be a Nurse so bad. I decided to take a class at SAAD healthcare and get certified to be a nursing assistant because that's what you do in the clinical part of nursing school. After sitting through class for a week, they had to send us into a nursing home so that we could do our clinical. I have NEVER been so grossed out in my entire life. I ended up coming home my first day after that and telling my parents that I wanted to change my major. I worked at a daycare for 5 years and just recently quit, and that was the most fun, most exciting job I've ever had in my life. I am still a kid at heart and I loved going to work every day so I knew I would be a good teacher when I decided to change my major to teaching.

Ballerina

Dancing is a feeling like no other. If you have never put your heart and soul into a dance, then you have no idea what I'm talking about. You can take out any kind of feelings on a dance if you just feel and listen to the music. That it why I am so passionate about dance and I would love to continue to teach dance for the rest of my life.

Something interesting about me is that I helped my sister open up our own dance schools, we now have 3 locations in Alabama. Our main dance school is in Citronelle, one is in Bay Minette, and one is in Atmore on the Poarch Creek Indian Reservation. I am so blessed to have made a difference in over 300 kid's life's with dance. Some kids come to dance and are so eager to learn and to better themselves and that's what makes me happy because I want my dancers to be on TV one day or dancing on Broadway. The older kids will always tell me how much I inspire them to be better dancers. I love my job and I hope that I will never quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment