Saturday, January 18, 2014

What About EDM 310? (BP#1)

Some of the things that I have heard about EDM 310 frightened me. When I first transferred to University of South Alabama, I signed up for this class and my advisor MADE me drop the class because I would be too overwhelmed. He told me that this was a very "Time Consuming" class and that I better be ready to BRING IT whenever I got in this class. I asked around last semester if this class was as hard as they say it is, some told me yes and some told me no. One of my close friends said that it wasn't hard as long as you did your work on time, she passed this class with an A.

My fears about EDM 310 is that I won't get my work done on time or that I will make a bad grade. I have never been good with using my time wisely, and I've never been motivated enough to study and work hard in my classes. I am making a point this semester to make all A's since I am now in Tier 1 of my Education Program. I do not want any bad grades! Compared to all of my other classes I have taken in college so far, this is definitely the one that pushes you and makes you realize what you are capable of doing. I am determined to pass. Other classes I have taken are very slow pace and they take baby steps through all of the lessons, not in Dr. Strange's class, he just through us right in and kept on moving even if we didn't have any idea what he was talking about. I like to be challenged though, so I like this class.

Failure is not an option
I think the most difficult thing for me in EDM 310 is the same thing I previously stated, my fear. I am just now learning how to manage my time a little bit better. It gets better as each day passes I think. The best way for me to address this "most difficult" aspect of EDM310 is to never lose my determination and drive that I have just recently gained. I actually don't think I have any questions about this class so far, I am just along for the ride and ready to take on any challenge that gets thrown at me. If I did have any questions about EDM 310, I would e-mail Dr. Strange or go to the lab meetings located in the computer lab and get one of the teachers assistants to answer my questions I had.

2 comments:

  1. "I have never been good with using my time wisely, and I've never been motivated enough to study and work hard in my classes." It is time to change your behavior!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, the best thing I enjoyed about your post is the picture you posted. I saved it to my computer and put it as my background. It speaks the truth. I wrote the same thing in my post about being worried about managing my time. I feel If we can do that we will be able to handle this class. Good luck with EDM 310 and the rest of your school year.

    ReplyDelete