Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blogpost #9

What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy??
Mrs. Cassidy tells us that we need to learn how to use technology in our classrooms even if we don't want to. She says that we have to change because the world is changing. "You are handicapping your students by not using technology."
Cassidy says that she made an online portfolio for her student's parents so that they could see what their child was doing in every subject on their own time. The students loved it also because they get to have an audience to look at all of their work and their audience could comment to them. "Technology is here to stay!"

Since the beginning of this semester when I started learning all of the technology I could use in my classroom one day, I have said I would have a class blog. I would also love to flip my classroom but I'm leaning more towards the blog so that my classroom parents will be able to see what their kids are doing and learning in my classroom. I don't think I will have any impediments with doing the class blog but I might with flipping my classroom just because the kids might not have a computer at home or the parents might say the kids don't need to watch my videos at home before the next day. I am not sure how I would handle this if I wasn't at a school where all of the kids are each provided a PC or Macbook; I most likely wouldn't even think about flipping my classroom. Some of the benefits I might anticipate are, like Mrs. Cassidy, letting my class communicate with people all over the world with a class blog. If I am going to benefit from flipping my classroom, it would be to save time in class by teaching the lesson in a video the night before class and spending more time on explaining and doing activities with it in class. The teacher will spend less time in front of the class and more time with the kids.

Classroom Blogs

2 comments:

  1. You make a good point in that some students may not watch the videos at home for various reasons. I would not know how to handle "flipping the classroom" if the students aren't provided with computers.I guess it is important to keep parents up to date so they can encourage their students to do their online work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are your links? Remember that each blog post must have working links.

    ReplyDelete