Sunday, March 2, 2014

C4K Summary for February

Comic Website Review
My assigned kid to comment on was Samantha, her post was talking about comic sites. The site she liked most was Toondoo, she said it had many cool things to do. She signed in with her Google account and she could save it, even though it was hard to figure out. She could not figure out how to make the font size littler. Samantha also went on the make believe comics website, she liked that there were many characters and objects to choose from to put in her comic strip. She did not like the fact that it was black and white in color and that there were no real kids, there was a "mouse kid."

My Response:
Hey Samantha, My name is Lauren Reid and I am an Elementary Education student at University of South Alabama. I really liked your post, I learned something new from it. I did not know that there were sites to make your own comics with your own characters. The only thing I seen that should be corrected in your next blog post is to refrain from using the word “also” too many times. Other than that, Very good job! I look forward to reading some more of your posts. Lauren Reid

My New Baseball Bat
My assigned kid for this weeks C4K assignment was William. He named his blog "William's Epic Blog," which i thought was cute. He posted a picture of a baseball bat, all he said for the description was "I got a new baseball bat." There isn't much to summarize because that's all that was in this post.

My Response:
Hi William, My name is Lauren Reid and I am a student at University of South Alabama. I see you got a new baseball bat, do you play baseball on a team or do you just like to play baseball with friends?? I like your blog, I think you should provide a little bit more information when you post a picture. I would love to hear back from you! Lauren Reid

LEARN


Text Versus Film
My assigned kid this week was MossyOak, I don't know whether it is a boy or girl; I'm guessing a boy. His topic was about reading books versus watching the movie. He says he likes reading the book more than watching the movie, even though he got lost sometimes while he was reading he still knew what was coming next in the movie. He says the movie was easier to follow and understand than the book. He said that there were plenty similarities between the two because the movie was base off of the book, but he didn't see many differences.

My Response:
Hey! My name is Lauren Reid and I am a student at the University of Alabama. I completely agree with you, I like reading books more than watching movies as well. Sometimes I get lost when I’m reading also, but when you watch the movie you do already know whats going to happen. Movies seem to leave out most of what I think are the big details. I hate it! Reading a book is better for you than watching a movie anyways. You have a great Blog Post, Lauren Reid

Book Project
My assigned kid this week was Claire L. She was writing her assignment about their third quarter book report, she done hers on "A Long Walk to Water." She says she chose to use Power Point because it would be clean and she could just scroll through and her viewers would get the meaning. I personally thought there should have been more color and enthusiasm about it but I could not have told her that because she is just now learning how to do all of that.

My Response:
Hey Claire, my name is Lauren Reid and I am majoring in Elementary Education at the University of South Alabama. I really like your background and your graffiti name at the top of your blog. I think that using PowerPoint to summarize your book was a very good idea. Your thesis statement was a little more like a summary than a one sentence statement. I think this was a good book to read though, sounds interesting. Good Job, Lauren Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment