Wednesday, April 2, 2014

C4K Summary for March

Punaiuru's Weekend Story
My child for C4K this week is named Punaiuru. She goes to school at Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand. She is in class 18 with Mrs. She; most of the children in this class are six years old but some five and a half. Class 18 writes their stories, draws pictures of their stories, and then they make video's about their story with iMovie. Punaiuru videoed herself telling a story about her weekend. She and her cousin went to play in the park. She drew a picture to go with her video.
My Comment:
Hey Punaiuru! My name is Lauren Reid and I am an Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama. I like your story about how you went to the park with your cousin. I also like your drawing with you, your cousin and the slide. I also have a blog and I know how uncomfortable getting in front of a camera and videoing yourself can feel. Good Job Punaiuru!

Isaaka fedding Africans
My assigned child was Isaaka from Pt England School. The blogpost I commented on was about a game that she played. This was a game where it asked you questions and every time she got a question right, that was 5 grains of rice to feed someone in Africa. I love this idea and the meaning behind it. It is so powerful and it can teach kids to give back while answering questions.
My Comment:
Hey Isaaka, my name is Lauren Reid and I am an Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama and I have been assigned to comment on your blog this week. I love your blog, it is very colorful and inviting. I love the idea and the meaning behind this game. I think it is wonderful that there is a way to donate to Africans just by getting questions right on a game. I think it would be a good idea to provide the link to the website you are talking about on your next blog post.

Alarzae's Blog
This week my assigned child was Alarzae and she is a year 7 student at Pt England school. Her blog post was about learning how to write compound sentences so that her sentences will be longer. Her approach to learning this was called "FANBOY." F-for A-and N-nor B-but O-or Y-yet S-so. I have never seen this before but I think it would be a great way for the students to remember each word they can use to make compound sentences.
My Comment:
Hey Alarzae, First of all, I love your background on your blog, it is very unique and unique is a good thing. We all need to find a way to be different than one another in the world today. My name is Lauren Reid and I am an Elementary Education Major at the University of South Alabama. I have never heard or seen the "fanboy" approach to writing compound sentences. This is a really good idea. Thanks for sharing!

Why Children Should Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment