Wednesday, April 2, 2014

C4T #3 Summary

Dr. Will
The Dr. Will Show (The Connected Educator
My assigned C4T for this month was Dr. Will, his blog is called "Peopleology." He started this blog in 2009 to assist adults in improving both their personal and professional lives. Since then, the blog has evolved to focus on the educational applications of digital media. Via timely and engaging articles and vlogs, his mission is to use PEOPLEGOGY to empower, educate, and lead discussions about how educators of all types are using digital media. The first post I commented on was his first video to his new show "The Dr. Will Show." He was talking with Dana Ariss from Alberta, Canada. They were talking about how to become a well connected educator and how to stay connected. Her main source for this was via Twitter. She says that there are so many educators on twitter that you can follow and ask questions to anything you want. This is actually how Dr. Will and Dana met.
The second post that I commented on was his second video to "The Dr. Will Show" with Jennifer Carey who is the director of Educational Technology, a blogger, and an expert voice on Twitter. The subject of this video was "Flipping Professional Development." This rethinks professional development to maximize and respect teachers’ time for professional learning. Jennifer has a new position at her school this year where she can teach all of the faculty how to use technology in their classrooms. She could not meet with everyone every time they have a question about how to do something, so she found it easier to make instructional videos of how to do many things and just tell them to go watch that really quick. I think it is really good that she done this for all of the faculty because I know it is hard for the older teachers to integrate technology in their classrooms when they don't even know how to use it.

Comment #1:
Hey Dr. Will, My name is Lauren Reid and I am an Elementary Education Major at the University of South Alabama. I am new to the blogger community and I definitely want to start a class blog for my future classroom; I am looking to be a connected educator. This video was very informative and I look forward to your next one.

Comment #2:
Hey Dr. Will, I love the idea of Flipped Professional Development. The older generation of teachers needs someone to teach them how to use technology so that they can integrate it in their classrooms. I know it must be hard for older people to learn how to do certain things, so I think that having accessibility to it on their own time will make them a lot more comfortable with teaching it. I live in Mobile, Alabama where they have not yet incorporated technology into schools; and quite frankly, I don't think they are worried about doing that anytime soon. This is why I plan on going to a different county to teach because I would love to flip my classroom and also use blogging, Icurio, Google Docs and more in my classroom. Thanks for the educational video, Lauren Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment